Allie is 12 months old!
Happy 1st birthday, Allie! I can’t believe it’s been a year. It’s been the best year of my life. She turned our world upside down and filled it with more joy than I could ever imagine. I don’t have words to express how much I love her and how special she makes me feel day in and out.
What’s new this month:
- she started pulling herself up and onto both feet
- she started clapping
- she will give us a high five 🙂
- she’s starting to be a picky eater
- being held
- following mommy around the house
- when daddy sings
- watching big kids
- she’s starting to like when I read to her
- chewing on everything
- playing with shoes
- she’s starting to dislike strangers, especially men
- when I give her food, but it’s not what she wants
Things I want to remember:
- Her amazing birthday party and how we had 50-60 family and friends come and celebrate
- The way she lays her head on me when she’s tired
- Her smell. She smells like strawberries most of the time
- They way she smiles every time I smile at her
- How she kicks her feet when she gets excited
Eating: Eating is pretty much the same. She gets 4 bottles and 3 meals a day. I’ve started giving her a bigger lunch. Her favorite foods right now are eggs, strawberries, and PB&J.
Sleep: She’s finally sleeping really well again. The two month sleep regression is over! She sleeps from 6:30pm-6:30am, takes a short nap in the morning, and sleeps for 2 hours in the afternoon.
She’s wearing size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes.
Happy 12 Months, Allie!